Is there anything better than warm baked apples covered in cinnamon and sugar, especially this time of year? We all love comforting treats, but sometimes it is nice to put a healthy spin on things to enjoy seasonal foods without overindulging.
To continue the autumn-inspired recipes as we head into this crisp season, enjoy this macro-friendly pancake stack inspired by all the Fall flavors.
-1/2 serving, or 22g, Pancake Mix (I used Hungry Jack Complete)
-1/2 scoop, or 17g, Whey Protein (I used PB Marshmallow Cellucor whey)
-1 serving, or 46g, egg whites
-1 serving, or 5g, psyllium husks Yerba prima powder (for added fiber)
-1/2 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp vanilla
-cinnamon to taste
-1 serving, or 12g, PB2
-1, or 150g, apple (chopped)
-syrup(s) of choice (caramel, maple, or honey) & cinnamon to taste
1) Mix pancake ingredients in a bowl. Add water if psyllium husk thickens batter too much. Set aside.
2) Mix up PB2 with the recommended amount of water. Set aside.
3) Heat up a non-stick pan to medium heat.
4) Pan fry apples until soft and golden. Place apples in a bowl and sprinkle with cinnamon.
5) Spray pan. Cook pancake batter on low-medium heat. Flip when pancake air bubbles.
6) Top pancakes with PB2, pan-fried apples, syrup of choice, and cinnamon to complete!
If you try it, tag @poastrengthandwellness and share! For more macro-friendly recipes, go to the search bar and type “macro-friendly.” Enjoy!