This recipe is simple, low-carb, and low calorie. With the addition of some protein sources, it is macro-friendly as well. The recipe includes grams for those who weigh out food and track macronutrients.
1 serving, or 43g, Betty Crocker Spice Mix
1.5 scoops, or 51g, Whey Protein (vanilla recommend)
3 servings, or 360g, pure pumpkin, canned
2 servings, or 92g, Liquid Egg Whites
Cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, stevia and baking powder, to taste
Toppings of choice (not included in macros)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Combine pumpkin and egg whites. Slowly add dry ingredients into this mix.
4. Line muffin tin with baking cups, or grease muffin tin with your preferred method.
5. Scoop batter into muffin tin. Cook for 15-20 min.
6. Let cool 5 minutes. Optional: Top muffins with preferred toppings.
This recipe could also be made into cookies or bars. The batter is pretty moist though, so muffins are a safe bet. Makes 12 servings. 43 cals/muffin and the macros are 5C/.5F/4P.
Optional: Toppings could include a mixture of PB2, (chocolate or peanut butter flavor mixed with water) your favorite nut butter, sugar free pudding, cool whip, or a drizzle of melted chocolate chips! They can definitely stand alone though as a macro-friendly sweet treat! Enjoy.